(CCP) Virginia Carry Permit $65 This two hour course addresses the legal, moral, and ethical implications of carrying a defensive firearm which, presumably, is why you want a Virginia permit to carry a concealed handgun. It covers the importance of situational awareness, personal and home defense, and the legalities of defending yourself or your family with deadly force.
It also covers the intricacies of applying for and receiving your Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit. The course is a mix of lecture, group discussion, testimonials, video analysis, question/answer, and demonstrations. It satisfies all of the training requirements to obtain your Virginia concealed carry permit and gives explicit step by step directions to do so. If you're not certain of the correct answers to these questions then this is the class for you!
- Is there anywhere in Virginia that I cannot carry a concealed handgun?
- What do I need to do to qualify for a permit?
- Can I be sued for my actions in defending myself?
- What constitutes the justified use of deadly force?
- What are considerations for selecting and carrying a concealed handgun?
- How do I legally fly on airlines with my gun?
- How do I legally travel with my gun?
- In which states can I carry a concealed weapon?
- How can I get further, more advanced training?
- What should I do if I have to use my gun?
(KYH) Know Your Handgun $75 This course is designed for the new handgun owner. It is a must for any first time firearm owner who wants to feel fully comfortable with a firearm. It covers basic firearm knowledge and safety and how to be a responsible firearm owner. The first priority any time you are dealing with firearms is safety. The KYH class has a heavy emphasis on safety covering every aspect of firearm ownership. A partial outline of what you will learn in this class is listed below.
Some of the basic safety procedures you will be taught are:
- Treat every firearm as if it were loaded at all time.
- Never point a firearm at anything you do not intend to shoot.
- Never have your finger inside the trigger guard until you are prepared to shoot.
- Be sure of your target as well as what is in front and behind it.
After taking this class you will be able to do the following:
- Identify various types hand guns, rifles, and shotguns.
- Name the parts of firearms.
- Demonstrate how to operate the safely mechanism on various firearms.
- Show the correct steps in loading and unloading firearms.
If you have any questions that are firearms training, weapons training, advanced training, tactical training, or self defense related please contact us
. If your question is about a specific class, let us know and we will ensure that the question is sent to the correct department.